Metzger Associates is pleased to announce that our very own president, Doyle Albee, was appointed to the board of advisors for the Coalition for a Connected West.
Doyle will be joining the advisory board this month and is very excited about future collaboration with such an influential association.
Metzger Associates is pleased to announce that our very own president, Doyle Albee, was appointed to the board of advisors for the Coalition for a Connected West. Doyle will be joining the advisory board this month and is very excited about future collaboration with such an influential association. The Coalition for a Connected West…
was established to educate consumers and policymakers about emerging technology issues and to promote technology specific policy. The organization’s primary mission is to facilitate connections between technology leaders and the community. Other members of the Coalition for a Connected West board of advisors include:
- Michael Price, executive director
- Elliott Bath, founder of Sunny Side Strategies, a full-service creative agency based in Denver
- Brian Inderwies, founding owner of Longs Peak Analytics, a full-service informatics firm based in Longmont, Colo.
- Nicole Gravagna, PhD, managing director of 10-10-10 and chief visionary of Rocky Mountain Patent
- Tom Higley, founder of six tech startups including Service Metrics (acquired by Exodus Communications for $280 million) and StillSecure
- Erik Mitisek, CEO of the Colorado Technology Association (CTA)
- Wendy Nkomo, COO, the Colorado Technology Association
- Bob Ogden, chairman of the board, Swiftpage
- Steve Peters, member of the Arizona Telecommunications and Information Council (ATIC) board of directors and advisor for the Greater Arizona e-Learning Association (GAZeL)
- Amy Quinn, author of the book, Fundraising Innovators, and of Tech4Good Denver
- Karen Suhaka is the founder of BillTrack50.com, a website providing better access to state governments
- Steven G. Zylstra Sc.D. (Hon.), president and CEO of the Arizona Technology Council
- Lisa Adkins, chair of the New Mexico Technology Council
“Today’s lawmakers need input on the complexities of technology. Too many times bad policy can hide behind a good name — the Stop Online Piracy Act was a great example. I’m certainly not in favor of piracy, but SOPA was poorly written and could have crippled our Internet economy. Lawmakers need that kind of feedback, and I’m looking forward to working with Michael and the board to further their objectives,” Doyle said. For more information about CCW, visit their website http://www.connectedwest.org.